Regarding Future in ROR

What sort of timespan are you concerned about?

For the next few years there will be plenty of RoR jobs. However what sort of demand there will be in, say, 30 years is anyones guess. I suspect that it will be less than now as, I hope, new and exiting technologies will emerge in the next 30 years.

Remember there are still C and COBOL jobs available and those languages are really really old.

No, there is no future in ROR at all. Within the next six months, you can expect jobs to fall drastically, and people getting laid off. Small ROR companies will shut down, and while large companies may sustain for a while, the fall of ROR is inevitable.

The future is bleak. I highly recommend you run away.

“Is there a future in ROR”

Do you think we’re idiots to sit around answering on the groups if we don’t have a future?

We have a future. We, who can think, research, understand and implement efficiently.

You, sir, don’t.

What a typical Indian.

I have worked for 7 years use ROR.

No day without ROR. So what do u think?

No future or else. Please answer yourself.

If u don’t believe me, please contact kiranatama.com or wgs.co.id and ask them who am I?

Thx

For the next few years there will be plenty of RoR jobs. However what sort of demand there will be in, say, 30 years is anyones guess. I suspect that it will be less than now as, I hope, new and exiting technologies will emerge in the next 30 years.

Yes. 30 years ago I was working in Pascal and Assembler. I haven't seen either in a long, long time.

Remember there are still C and COBOL jobs available and those languages are really really old.

I still write in C. I assiduously assert that I HAVE NEVER, EVER, USED COBOL (NO, NEVER. Really, you can trust me, can't you? (please?))

Ruby has surged in popularity with Rails, and spawned some even newer, more exciting things. Java is still top dawg in the web application arena. But I think JavaScript is where things will emerge, especially if CoffeeScript starts to really get first-class treatment instead of being a filter. JavaScript frameworks, Node.js and meteor are becoming awesome things.