reflections in dynamically created ActiveRecord models

Hello,

I have a question regarding some ActiveRecord based models that I dynamically create in my app.

For my file based models, when I look at the reflections hash, everything looks good. eg.) SomeModel.reflections produces all of the reflections associated with the model.

Now with my non-file based models (ones created dynamically in memory), the reflections hash is empty. Methods for associations are created correctly though. eg.) DynamicModel.reflections produces {}

What would be going on behind the scenes that I'm may not be fully aware of that would be cuasing this issue? My thoughts are leading me to think it's some sort of cacheing issue, but I'm not 100% sure.

Thanks in advance, Andrew

Ok, some further research has ruled out the caching theory.

If I do something like this...

body = lambda do             set_table_name class_name             belongs_to :user             belongs_to :another_association           end

Object.const_set class_id, Class.new(ActiveRecord::Base, &body) p class_id.to_s.constantize.reflections

produces reflections as {} already!

The dynamic class works fine for accessing the associations like obj.user and such, but because the reflections hash is empty I can't use things like :include => :user with it.

Any core members or hard core rail-ites with any idea as to what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks, Andrew