Reconstructing url with complex params

Hi, url inside rhtml so that i can redirect to load the complete page in some other canvas. For that, i need all query string parameters. I managed to construct the whole URL, but for cases where i have complex params like abc=Hello, abc[y]=world, i could only get to the extent where i fetch them using reqest.query_parameters as a hash. But, how do i reconstruct them into the URL? I may have to construct something like abc%5Bx%5D%3DHello%26abc%5By%5D%3Dworld (encoded). Or, is there a cleaner way of getting a lossless complete url of the current page with all the params?

-Vikram

From my rails app, i need a way to reconstruct the current request url inside rhtml so that i can redirect to load the complete page in some other canvas. For that, i need all query string parameters. I managed to construct the whole URL, but for cases where i have complex params like abc=Hello, abc[y]=world, i could only get to the extent where i fetch them using reqest.query_parameters as a hash. But, how do i reconstruct them into the URL? I may have to construct something like abc%5Bx%5D%3DHello%26abc%5By%5D%3Dworld (encoded). Or, is there a cleaner way of getting a lossless complete url of the current page with all the params?

Would this work?

url_for(params)

?

"Vikram" writes:

Hi,     From my rails app, i need a way to reconstruct the current

request

url inside rhtml so that i can redirect to load the complete

page in

some other canvas. For that, i need all query string

parameters. I

managed to construct the whole URL, but for cases where i have

complex

params like abc=Hello, abc[y]=world, i could only get to the

extent

where i fetch them using reqest.query_parameters as a hash.

But, how

do i reconstruct them into the URL? I may have to construct

something

like abc%5Bx%5D%3DHello%26abc%5By%5D%3Dworld (encoded). Or, is there a cleaner way of getting a lossless complete url

of the

current page with all the params?

I recommend using the url_for(:overwrite_params => {}) construct as it allows you to overwrite controller, action as well as parameters while retaining most of the original request url.

-- Long http://FATdrive.tv/wall/trakb/10-Long http://FATdrive.tv/ - store, play, share