Reading json in a JS file

Hi guys,

I'm having a little bit of a problem. I have a controller method that renders json:       render :json => current_member.to_json

This method is called in a js file using a simple get call. In firebug I see that the response from the get call is a json string, as I wanted it to be:   Object { created_at="2012-04-10T08:09:09Z", id=2385, member_id=820, more...}

How do I make sense of this in JS? So far I have this...and it doesn't seem to be working:       response = $.get('/members/check_shared_from_fb');       in_json = $.parseJSON(response);       alert(in_json.to_sting);

The alert gives me null.

I hope I was clear. Thanks for all your help.

Hi guys,

I'm having a little bit of a problem. I have a controller method that renders json: render :json => current_member.to_json

This method is called in a js file using a simple get call. In firebug I see that the response from the get call is a json string, as I wanted it to be: Object { created_at="2012-04-10T08:09:09Z", id=2385, member_id=820, more...}

How do I make sense of this in JS? So far I have this...and it doesn't seem to be working: response = $.get('/members/check_shared_from_fb'); in_json = $.parseJSON(response); alert(in_json.to_sting);

to_string might be better.

Colin

Hahaha! Colin, you are a funny guy, eh?

OK, That was a dumb mistake, this is what I get for mixing languages…for anyone interested, the returned data is in the callback…duh! So the response is in:

$.getJSON(‘/members/check_shared_on_fb_or_twitter’, function(response) {

//use response, the returned JSON here

});

Hahaha! Colin, you are a funny guy, eh?

I don't understand what is funny. I pointed out what seemed to be an obvious error in your code. It is easy to miss typographical errors when looking at your own code.

Colin