rake task for rsync deployment and rails wiki

Hello.

I've looked around the net today for the nicely integrated into rails solution for rsync-based deployment but failed to find anything good enough so I've just moved on and create my own rake task. It allows to deploy applications to a number of different servers configured in config/rsync.yml file and supports exclusions listed as the plain text file in config/rsync_exclude.txt. Iniatilly I wanted to share this thing on rails' wiki but the current page related to the same tasks seems to have some problems and previous posts on this maillist suggests that wiki doesn't feel itself good nowdays because of all the spam.

So if anyone is interested in this code - I can post it here in the maillist with relevant description. Does anyone need it?

I don't need it, but I'm sure that at some point there will definitely be someone who searches this mailing list for something like this! You should post it :wink: Good work, and thanks!

-Ben Lisbakken

Ok, so attached is the rake file that should be saved in the lib/tasks/ folder as usual. It provides a new rake task called "sync" that synchronizes the application's RAILS_ROOT with the specified directory on remote server. It uses rsync running over ssh remote shell transport.

To use this task you should first define the parameters of a remote servers in config/rsync.yml file. Let's see an example:

sync.rake (1.44 KB)

Hi.

I was interested in looking at the rake task referred to in this post, but never could find it.

I know this is an old topic, but if anyone else caught it, I'd appreciate it if you could forward or repost. Thx.