rake aborted

I've been trying to follow Ruby on Rails 3 Tutorial by Michael Hartl but had a problem on page 199 when it asks me to enter "rake db:migrate". I got the following results:

I would try running bundle update to make sure you have all of your gems properly installed. This sounds like a version mis-match between various Rails modules.

Walter

I tried running bundle update but then I still got the same error on rake db:migrate.

What version of rake, what version of Ruby, what version of Rails? Also, what version of Gem? There's lots of reasons why this might not work. Are you using rvm? If so, make a new gemset and bundle install again there. Triple check that the version of Rails in your tutorial matches the version installed on your computer.

Walter

Walter Davis wrote in post #1065560:

What version of rake, what version of Ruby, what version of Rails? Also, what version of Gem? ...

Walter's right. This is just a hunch, but you might try:

gem update --system

and see if that helps.

- ff

I am using Rails 3.1.0, Gem 1.8.24, and Ruby 1.9.3p194. I've edited the gem file and changed versions of things to try to fix this and other problems that I have. I think that in order to fix certain problems, I might end up breaking something else. I tried "gem update --system" and still had the same problem.

Walter Davis wrote in post #1065560:

Triple check that the version of Rails in your tutorial matches the version installed on your computer.

I got it working. I found a sample gem file at https://raw.github.com/railstutorial/sample_app_2nd_ed/master/Gemfile for the tutorial that I am using and this made it work. Thanks for the help.