RAILS3: method => :delete STOPPED working! (& CONFIRMATION is ignored)

Hi there,

I've been working on an app with Rails3/Win32/MySQL. It has been working fine, until I don't exactly when the :destroy method soes not work and on the log I see the GET is sent to the controller. DELETE on /en/order/3 becomes GET!

Not only it was working but if I create a new app in the same context (Rails3/Win/MySQL) it works fine. I create the same MODEL, completely bare with only scaffold, and destroy works and confirmation does not get ignored.

I use will_paginate and HAML as the only extra gem. The problem came (or I noticed it) at the same time I started porting my ERB files to HAML.

But the new app I create when I port it to HAML using will_paginate too, it still works.

I read that others have the same problem. Some of the similar messages go to few years back (2007).

Any idea out there?

Thanks

Roll back to previous versions in your version control system and find out what you did to make it fail. Then you will be better able to sort it.

Colin

Colin Law wrote in post #966279:

Hi there,

I've been working on an app with Rails3/Win32/MySQL. It has been working fine, until I don't exactly when the :destroy method soes not work and on the log I see the GET is sent to the controller. DELETE on /en/order/3 becomes GET!

Roll back to previous versions in your version control system and find out what you did to make it fail. Then you will be better able to sort it.

Yup. If you are using Git, git bisect is fantastic for this.

Colin

Best,