Rails server Rails 3.0.3 - rails server wont start

rails s /home/evgruby/.rvm/gems/ruby-3.0.3/gems/bootsnap-1.9.3/lib/bootsnap/load_path_cache/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:23:in `require’: libffi.so.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory - /home/evgruby/.rvm/gems/ruby-3.0.3/gems/ffi-1.15.4/lib/ffi_c.so (LoadError)

rails server command does not work, gives an error

Can you try uninstalling and re-installing ffi gem?

gem uninstall ffi
gem install ffi

Then run bundle or bundle install.

thanks but it doesn’t help

First step might be to see if you can find this file in some other location, and copy it here so that it is found. That could get you further down the load path, but doesn’t solve the real problem. I would venture that there was a failure building the ffi gem itself. Any error encountered when you tried to reinstall ffi?

I face the issue. Managed to partially fix it. I think it is related to libffi being upgraded by a system update (Manjaro for me). I ran gem pristine ffi You may need to run bin/spring stop and maybe clean your app tmp/cache folders (not sure about this one). This might fix it for you.

Thanks for sharing this post have you solved your problem i had same issue.

at the moment there is no problem, the solution is simple: uninstall ubuntu, reinstall, it is possible that something will go wrong again, the exact solution has not yet been found

the reason for the error: the sequence of operations for entering the command is broken, the versions of the gem files are not updated correctly