Rails on Netbeans 8.0

I've done some Rails work in the past using Netbeans and I was pretty comfortable with it. I'm running Windows and I'm not really a command line kind of guy.

So I downloaded Netbeans 8.0 and installed the plug-in and tried to create a basic Rails app. I picked sqlite3 and when it asked, I 'upgraded Rails' to 4.1.8.

Then it fell over with a missing gem: activerecord-jdbcsqlite3-adapter. Fair enough: load the gem and refresh the rake tasks. Another gem: sass-rails. And another: uglifier. And so on. Is that expected? Shouldn't they load automatically?

Eventually it jammed up on a gem version conflict, but by now I think something is broken.

Question is: does this stuff actually work, or am I wasting my time? What should I do now? All I want is any kind of running Rails in Netbeans.

​You don't want to install linux or all RoR dev-env on your machine ? why don't you try something like cloud9 (is a cloud IDE) ​or vagrant?

Sounds like a question for Netbeans support

does Netbeans let you “bundle install” (My IDE of choice, RubyMine does this)

If so, do a bundle install both on the command line and also inside of Netbeans and make sure they run smoothly with no hiccups

-Jason

Evandro Santos wrote in post #1164532:

​You don't want to install linux or all RoR dev-env on your machine ? why don't you try something like cloud9 (is a cloud IDE) ​or vagrant?

Thanks for the response but for my current purpose it just has to be Windows. Nothing else will do.

Jason Fb wrote in post #1164544:

Sounds like a question for Netbeans support

does Netbeans let you “bundle install” (My IDE of choice, RubyMine does this)

If so, do a bundle install both on the command line and also inside of Netbeans and make sure they run smoothly with no hiccups

Netbeans dropped support for Ruby some time back. The plug-in is now maintained by a small team and this is the only place I know likely to find someone who knows about it.

Yes, it seems there is "bundler" as a project option and yes, it does look like this could be a solution if I could get it to work. Right now it doesn't, but it gives me something to try. Maybe I need to update Bundler first.

You may be out of luck in that case.

Colin