I recently moved my app from Heroku to a Linux instance using Amazon’s EC2 - my first experience on Linux. I used Amazon’s Elastic Beanstalk service which is support set up the Linux server to run Ruby on Rails. However, when I get into my app’s directory and try to run rake commands, I get the error:
/usr/bin/rake:9:in ‘require’: no such file to load – rubygems (LoadError) from usr/bin/rake:9
- I read that it might be multiple installs of Ruby on the server, but when I type, “which -a ruby”, I only get: usr/bin/ruby
- “which gem” yields: /usr/bin/gem
- “which rake” yields: /usr/bin/rake
- My gems install find, when I do ‘bundle install’ it works fine
- When I type ‘gem list --local rubygems’ I get a line that says “***LOCAL GEMS ***” and that’s it (not sure if that’s correct or not
I’m not sure how to fix this since I don’t know Linux (ie commands) and have only worked on Heroku before. I’d be grateful for any ideas or help. Thank you!