Rails find(:all, :conditions) generates bad SQL?

Hello,

What is wrong with my finder method? I have the following (using Rails 2.2.2):

active_rows = Model.find(:all, :conditions => ["status in ?", ACTIVE_STATUSES])

ACTIVE_STATUSES is a constant array with 4 status codes in it. The above rails line of code results in the following SQL SELECT statement:

SELECT * FROM `model` WHERE (status in 'AR','GA','GP','GS')

This is incorrect SQL - it should be written as:

SELECT * FROM `model` WHERE status in ('AR','GA','GP','GS')

Notice that the right-paren is in the wrong place. How can I change my statement to generate the correct SQL? I always assume that my code is wrong, but could this be a bug is Rails code?

Thank you

Hello,

What is wrong with my finder method? I have the following (using Rails 2.2.2):

active\_rows = Model\.find\(:all, :conditions =>  \["status

in ?", ACTIVE_STATUSES])

ACTIVE_STATUSES is a constant array with 4 status codes in it. The above rails line of code results in the following SQL SELECT statement:

SELECT \* FROM \`model\` WHERE \(status in 'AR','GA','GP','GS'\)

This is incorrect SQL - it should be written as:

SELECT \* FROM \`model\` WHERE status in \('AR','GA','GP','GS'\)

Notice that the right-paren is in the wrong place. How can I change my statement to generate the correct SQL? I always assume that my code is wrong, but could this be a bug is Rails code?

your code should read "status in (?)" - rails doesn't add parens for you at all (apart from surrounding the entire chunk of the conditions in parens). You could also write :conditions => {:status => ACTIVE_STATUSES}

Fred

You could also write :conditions => {:status => ACTIVE_STATUSES}

You could also write Model.find_all_by_status(ACTIVE_STATUSES)

So the less you do for Rails, the more opportunities it has to do it right.

Thank you - find_all_by_status is the right way to go here (I should have thought of that!)