Rails and Firefox on crack with redirections

Did you used redirect_to or just called one action from another? First approach should be used.

Did you used redirect_to or just called one action from another? First approach should be used.

At which step?

On index page, user clicks on a link like: mysite.com/products/product-1

products_controller/show is protected by a before_filter which redirect_to a signup/login page (using restful_auth). When user is identified, redirect_back_or_default('/') will redirect the user to mysite.com/products/product-1 and clear session[:return_to]

On the show page, if user hits the reload button, a redirect_to will bring him back to the index. Now here is the split between Firefox and Safari:

- on index page, with Firefox, if user hits refresh button, he goes back to /products/product-1, that's incorrect behavior.

- on index page, with Safari, if user hits refresh button, the index page gets refreshed. That's the expected behavior.

So whose fault is it? Rails or Firefox?

Can you please be more accurate? I don't see at which step I should be using a redirect_to instead of a call, as I already use redirections where they are required (I think).

Best regards,