Rails 3.3.5 to Rails 3.2 error

I have installed the latest version of rails and jruby. I have copied all my files from rails 2.3.5 version and am trying to bring all to work in this version

Project.rb

deal bitte wrote in post #1070764:

Project.rb ------------------ class Project < ActiveRecord::Base has_and_belongs_to_many :people has_many :documents, :conditions => ["project_id =?", self.id ] .. .. end

application_helper.rb --------------------------

def find_projects     user = Person.find(session[:userid])    projects = Project.find(:all)    .. .. .. end

I am getting an error undefined method `id' for #<Class:0x182237ac> (self.id is the problem guess)

Not really answering your question here, but i would restructure some of this code as follows, to better go with rails 3

class Project < ActiveRecord::Base   has_many :people, :through => 'people_project_join_table'   has_many :documents #:foreign_key => 'project_id' is default for this                                     relationship. Don't need. .. ..

def find_projects      user = Person.find(session[:userid])     projects = Project.all     .. .. .. end

I suggest opening your console - type Person - the console should return to_s of the class - if not, the person model isn't in your path

better yet, take this opportunity to write some tests - start with the Person model

I suggest opening your console - type Person - the console should return to_s of the class - if not, the person model isn’t in your path

better yet, take this opportunity to write some tests

+1

• start with the Person model

deal bitte wrote in post #1070764:

Project.rb

class Project < ActiveRecord::Base

has_and_belongs_to_many :people

has_many :documents, :conditions => [“project_id =?”, self.id ]

What does self.id refer to here? Has the project class been instantiated yet to make it available? Is it required?