Rails 3.1.0.rc8

Hi everyone,

Rails 3.1.0.rc8 has been released (we've an issue with rc7). This is
the final release candidate. Please give it a try, it's our last
chance to fix regressions and severe issues. We will be releasing
final 3.1.0 next August 30th.

## CHANGES

Check the CHANGELOG file of each framework to see what we've changed.

You can find an exhaustive list of changes on
[github](https://github.com/rails/rails/compare/v3.1.0.rc6...v3.1.0.rc8).
Along with the [closed issues marked for
v3.1.0](https://github.com/rails/rails/issues?sort=created&direction=desc&state=closed&page=1&milestone=1).

You can also see issues [we haven't
closed](https://github.com/rails/rails/issues?sort=created&direction=desc&state=open&page=1&milestone=1).

A comprehensive CHANGELOG will be announced when 3.1.0 final is released.

Thanks!

I'm having an issue with rc8 on a very basic rails 3.1 demo app (all
it does is basic CRUD operations via ajax with jquery-rails). As such,
it just uses sqlite. Updating from rails 3-1-stable branch (rev:
a9980d17e92e5feb20a02afcbf7c3efcdf3368a9) to rc8 resulted in this
error when I try to access the app in the browser:

    ActiveRecord::ConnectionNotEstablished
I downgraded to rails rc6, and got this error:

  Please install the sqlite3 adapter: `gem install activerecord-
sqlite3-adapter` (can't activate sqlite3 (~> 1.3.4), already activated
sqlite3-1.3.3. Make sure all dependencies are added to Gemfile.)

So I tried that, and ended up with this error:

Could not find gem 'activerecord-sqlite3-adapter (>= 0)' in any of
the gem sources listed in your Gemfile.

I looked through gemcutter and googled a bit and cannot find that gem
anywhere. I managed to find the sqlite2_adapter on the rails github,
but it just has a note recommending to upgrade to sqlite3 in rails 3.
I feel like I'm missing something incredibly simple, but can't figure
out what.

By the way, the trace for the ConnectionNotEstablished error, if it
helps, looks like this:

    Rendered /Users/steveschwartz/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p0@jquery-rails/
gems/actionpack-3.1.0.rc8/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/templates/
rescues/_trace.erb (2.5ms)
    Rendered /Users/steveschwartz/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p0@jquery-rails/
gems/actionpack-3.1.0.rc8/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/templates/
rescues/_request_and_response.erb (38.3ms)
    Rendered /Users/steveschwartz/.rvm/gems/ruby-1.9.2-p0@jquery-rails/
gems/actionpack-3.1.0.rc8/lib/action_dispatch/middleware/templates/
rescues/diagnostics.erb within rescues/layout (163.3ms)

Also, here is the repo for the app: https://github.com/JangoSteve/Rails-jQuery-Demo

-Steve Schwartz (@jangosteve)

FYI, I was finally able to get all of this resolved by upgrading the sqlite3 gem from v1.3.3, to 1.3.4, but holy cow that was a lot more difficult to figure out than it probably should have been.

-Steve Schwartz (@jangosteve)