Rails 3.1.0.rc5

Hi Everyone!

I've pushed a new Rails release candidate (3.1.0.rc5). We've fixed many blocking issues for the Rails 3.1.0 final release. For an extensive list, please see the git commit log here:

Comparing v3.1.0.rc4...v3.1.0.rc5 · rails/rails · GitHub

Along with the closed issues marked for v3.1.0 here:

https://github.com/rails/rails/issues?sort=created&direction=desc&state=closed&page=1&milestone=1

You can see issues we haven't closed here:

https://github.com/rails/rails/issues?sort=created&direction=desc&state=open&page=1&milestone=1

I don't consider any of these to be blocking, so here is my planned release schedule (all of these are PST):

Thursday August 4th: Rails 3.0.10.rc1

Monday August 8th: Rails 3.1.0.rc6

Monday August 8th: Rails 3.0.10

Monday August 22nd: Rails 3.1.0

I'm sorry about the late release. I'll be dealing with that issue in another email to rails-core shortly.

Just to update this, we've hit a delay with the 3.0.10 release. I'm postponing this entire schedule by about 3 days (I'm not precisely sure). So the new dates should be:

Thursday August 11th: Rails 3.0.10

Thursday August 11th: Rails 3.1.0.rc6

Thursday August 25th: Rails 3.1.0

Sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. I'll be sure to update the exact dates as I get more information.

-Aaron

Thanks for the update! These kinds of posts are really helpful.

Jeff

Unfortunately we're still delayed. I'll make a full explanation on the release date, and we can all facepalm together. For now, you have to sit tight and wait. :slight_smile:

Here are the new dates for the upcoming releases:

Tuesday August 16th: Rails 3.0.10

Tuesday August 16th: Rails 3.1.0.rc6

Tuesday August 30th: Rails 3.1.0

Please continue to test 3.0.10.rc1, and 3.1.0.rc5. Let us know about any problem! Thanks!

Aaron, in the case of 3.1 I'd say please test using 3-1-stable. To do this replace you gem 'rails' entry with the following in the Gemfile

gem 'rails', :git => 'git://github.com/rails/rails.git', :branch => '3-1-stable'

There are a lot of issues already fixed there, and we don't want duplicated reports ;).

Cheers.

Unfortunately we’re still delayed. I’ll make a full explanation on the

release date, and we can all facepalm together. For now, you have to

sit tight and wait. :slight_smile:

Just a wild guess… Sprockets 2.0.beta4223? :slight_smile:

Jammit!

oops, I meant to say dammit.. slip of the tongue. =P