Rails 2.0.0 RC1 and activerecord-oci-adapter not found

I'm attempting to test my app on Rails 2.0 RC1. I used this command: rake rails:freeze:edge TAG=rel_2-0-0_RC1

My database adapter is OCI for Oracle 8i. However, when I try to start up mongrel in my dev environment, I get the following message:

C:/rails/tms/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/ connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb:231:in `establish_connection': Please install the oci adapter: `gem install activerecord-oci-adapter` (no such file to load -- active_record/ connection_adapters/oci_adapter) (RuntimeError)         from C:/rails/tms/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/ connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb:215:in `establish_connection'         from C:/rails/tms/vendor/rails/activerecord/lib/active_record/ connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb:208:in `establish_connection'         from C:/rails/tms/vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb: 234:in `initialize_database'         from C:/rails/tms/vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb: 94:in `process'         from C:/rails/tms/vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb: 49:in `send'         from C:/rails/tms/vendor/rails/railties/lib/initializer.rb: 49:in `run'         from C:/rails/tms/config/environment.rb:13         from C:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb: 27:in `gem_original_require'          ... 25 levels...         from C:/rails/tms/vendor/rails/railties/lib/commands/server.rb: 39         from C:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb: 27:in `gem_original_require'         from C:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb: 27:in `require'         from script/server:3

So, I tried to run the suggested command 'gem install activerecord-oci- adapter', but I get the following error:   C:\rails\tms>gem install activerecord-oci-adapter   ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)       Could not find activerecord-oci-adapter (> 0) in any repository

C:\rails\tms>gem install activerecord-oci-adapter --source http://gems.rubyonrails.org   ERROR: While executing gem ... (Gem::GemNotFoundException)       Could not find activerecord-oci-adapter (> 0) in any repository

When I look around, the string 'activerecord-oci-adapter' does not exist anywhere on google, Rails Trac, or google groups. Does this gem actually exist? What am I missing?

Thanks, Ian.

Nope, it doesn't exist. activerecord-oracle-adapter does however :slight_smile: ( you still need to say --source http://gems.rubyonrails.org)

Fred

Odd that Rails instructs the user to do something that is impossible, isn't it? Hehe... maybe that's why it's a Release Candidate.

Well, I had already installed the activerecord-oracle-adapter and I was still getting the error looking for activerecord-oci-adapter. So, I went into C:\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\activerecord-oracle- adapter-1.0.0\lib\active_record\connection_adapters and renamed oracle_adapter.rb to oci_adapter.rb. This makes things start working.

Looks like DHH renamed the adapter here: http://dev.rubyonrails.org/changeset/3718 but this is somehow not working 100% in the RC1. Not really sure where the problem lies.

Thanks, Fred!

Ian.

That did the trick. Thank you very much!

However, I have no idea why you're getting that segfault. :frowning: I haven't come across that yet.