Radio_button_tag syntaxis with more parameters

Hi to everybody!

I have a view with a radio-button: I need to pass 2 parameters ("opt.id" and "opt.option") to the relative action; as for the following code I 've used, I find in params[:option_id] only the id of the selected option... How can I do to pass also "opt.option"?

<% for opt in @options %>             <p>               <%= label_tag(:answer, opt.option) %>               <%= radio_button_tag(:option_id, opt.id, false) %>             </p>       <% end %>

Thank's to all those who can help me!!!

If you're generating these options, shouldn't you know what option goes with an id? :slight_smile:

mr ma wrote in post #1017729:

Hi to everybody!

I have a view with a radio-button: I need to pass 2 parameters ("opt.id" and "opt.option") to the relative action; as for the following code I 've used, I find in params[:option_id] only the id of the selected option... How can I do to pass also "opt.option"?

<% for opt in @options %>

Ruby programmers don't use for-in loops. for-in calls each(), so ruby programmers just call each() directly:

<% @options.each do |opt| %>

<% end %>

<p>               <%= label_tag(:answer, opt.option) %>               <%= radio_button_tag(:option_id, opt.id, false) %>             </p>       <% end %>

Thank's to all those who can help me!!!

You could always do this:

<% val = "#{opt_id}-xYz-#{opt.option}" %> <%= radio_button_tag(:option_id, val, false) %>

Then in your action:

radio_button_results = params[:option_id].split('-xYz-")

mr ma wrote in post #1017729:

Hi to everybody!

<% for opt in @options %>             <p>               <%= label_tag(:answer, opt.option) %>               <%= radio_button_tag(:option_id, opt.id, false) %>

..and shouldn't that label tag be something like this:

<%= label_tag("option_id_{#opt.id}", opt.option) %>

In other words, according to the rails guide here:

...the id of the radio button becomes the name and value you specify for the radio_button_tag joined together.

THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH!!! :wink: Marco