Rails pass parameter from input through button_to

Hi everyone,

A short description of the issue. I have a one page app which displays a list of items people can vote for. The tricky part is that some users can add more than 1 vote because of their status. Each item is displayed through @item.each loop with its picture, amount of votes and button "Vote".

<% @items.each do |item| %>       <div class="itemContainer">         <h4 style="text-align:center"> <%= product.name %> </h4>         <%= image_tag(item.photo_url) %>         <%= label_tag("price: #{item.votes_left}") %>         <%= label_tag("left: #{item.votes}") %>         <%= number_field_tag 'quantity', nil, min: 1, max: 10 %>         <button class="btn btn-default"> Vote </button>       </div> <% end %>

What I am interested in is in finding a way to send "number_field_tag 'quantity'" value in request by clicking "Vote" button.

Just a note, is there any default Rails way to do that so I do not have to use JavaScript?

You can use a form. That is what forms are for.

Colin

Thanks, I though that logically forms should not be used to display a list of tens items with different properties.

Will follow your advice, @Colin

Glad to be of help, there is no reason why you should not have a number of small forms on a page. In future though please remember to quote the previous message when replying, I had to look back in my emails to find your original message in order to find what you were referring to. Remember this is a mailing list not a forum, though you may be using it via a forum-like interface.

Thanks

Colin

Colin Law wrote in post #1176976: