Prototype troubles with Rails 3.1.1 from 2.3.14

I’m trying to transform a Rails 2.3.14 to 3.1.1 application. Prototype rails should provide all the lost remote_foo… But it doesn’t work at all for me. It’s like if the gem was not enable anymore. I installed it, reinstalled it, bundle install/update, add/remove/add gem into Gemfile, test it as a plugin, everything, but I still have got this error "undefined method `remote_function’ ".

The function seams to be there, into the prototype-rails gem into prototype helpers file, but my application don’t see it, why ? Do you have an idea ?

Have a look at the running code in Firebug, and see what the error is reported as. You may have some other 2.3-ism lingering that is causing an error.

Walter

Okay, but I get a NoMethodError, so I don’t see my own view, just the error view. And I don’t see any prototype gem referene onto the trace …

Then you have much larger issues than Prototype. Can you post the stack trace that you see on the error page in its entirety?

Walter

I think it’s completly relative to the gem prototype-rails. But I don’t understand where is the problem. I added the gem and bundled it, Here is the complete trace page :