Programming partner wanted – sport interest beneficial

Hello,

I’m a sports journalist that has spent 10 years working in the media with half of that focusing on online sports media. I’ve recently established a business and commenced mapping out a website system that I would like to launch – it’s a sporting-related media outlet.

I’m looking for a Ruby/Rails programmer who would be interested in receiving a stake in the business in return for their services programming the website. The original creation of the website will be the selected person’s main contribution, with some – minor – ongoing technical support and occasional development also required.

The system you would be designing will be used as a platform for multiple websites which will be operated by the business. The plan is to develop the core system I have in mind, then customise the platform for the unique aspects and quirks of each website.

The platform will require core editorial features such as news, features, photos and videos posting abilities, event calendars, championship results/running points standings and a reviews system which also allows user feedback. The forum system would like be PhpBB based, so will only require CSS changes and integration (which I will likely do). The news, features, photos, videos and event reports/ results forms of content must all have the option of being user generated – however administrator approval will be required before any are displayed.

I have a comprehensive idea of the requirements of the website and how each section of the website will work with one another. What I don’t have is the knowledge of programming platform – which I’m told is very good. My programming knowledge is primarily PHP/MySQL, at a moderate level however I know I don’t have the type of brain required to program at the level I would need to be able to build a website that can handle being successful – so instead of doing it half-arsed I’d rather bring someone onboard to share in on the project.

Anyone interested? Drop me an e-mail at greg@uncoversports.com

Cheers Greg