Problems with rSpec

1. First question

Sorry if I am stating the obvious here, but my comments are interleaved. Also, consider joining the rspec Google Group.

1. First question ----------------------------------------

I am getting this error when running my tests: ... b spec/views/projects/index.rhtml_spec.rb spec/views/projects/ new.rhtml_spec.rb /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.2/lib/ active_support/dependencies.rb:266:in `load_missing_constant': uninitialized constant ProjectsHelper (NameError)

Is the name ProjectHelper or ProjectsHelper?

The first time I saw this I figured I would just get everything working by commenting out the +++ include ProjectHelper +++

<snip>

2. Next question. ----------------------------------------

When I run the tests I get the following error for one of the auto- created tests, and cannot figure out why it is throwing it.

describe "/projects/new.rhtml" do   before do     @project = mock_model(Project)     @project.stub!(:new_record?).and_return(true)

@project.stub!(:name).and_return('bob dylan')

assigns[:project] = @project   end

it "should render new form" do     render "/projects/new.rhtml"       # THIS IS THE LINE THE ERROR IS BEING THROWN ON       response.should have_tag("form[action=?][method=post]", projects_path) do     end   end end

Here is the error message +++++++ ActionView::TemplateError in '/projects/new.rhtml should render new form' Mock 'Project_1000' received unexpected message :name with (no args) On line #3 of app/views/projects/_form.rhtml

1: <p>     2: <label for="project_name">Name:</label>     3: <%= f.text_field :name %>     4: </p>     5:     6: <p> +++++++

Here is a snippet from the _form.rhtml file <p>         <label for="project_name">Name:</label>         <%= f.text_field :name %> </p>

<p>         <label for="project_description">Description:</label>         <%= f.text_area :description %> </p>

+++++++++++

After seeing this error I thought I would set the name parameter in the mock object. After doing so the test failed again, but because the description was not set.

3. Yet another question ----------------------------------------

Is there some crazy bugs with the setup scripts?

I have found for the second time that the required files within the script/ folder, as well as the spec_helper.rb and spec_opts, are never created. Luckily for me I had one or two test projects that used on of the older versions of rSpec so I was able to copy them over.

I can't see something like this not being fixed, so is it just me?

script/generate rspec

4. And finally ---------------------------------------- - I created a simple Person model with rspec_model and a person controller with rspec_controller. - The person model was created with one field: name:string - There is no additional code within the person model class.

I then run the tests expecting everything to pass but I get one error thrown saying that the person model is invalid.

Are you sure your test database is set up correctly?

There is another script that I have to run? :slight_smile: (Elevator music...) I ran it and that answers the file missing question.

** For the Person validation issues, it seems the problem was that I had my tests running from a sqlite3 database with the database set pass.

As for the first problem listed, I typed the project controller wrong when posting as it should be ProjectsController, but I do have the correct version of it within the code.

$ rake spec (in /Users/chrisolsen/Projects/Rails/Portfolio/trunk) /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.2/lib/ active_support/dependencies.rb:266:in `load_missing_constant': uninitialized constant ProjectsHelper (NameError)         from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-1.4.2/lib/ active_support/dependencies.rb:452:in `const_missing'

helpers/projects_helper_spec.rb

Does anyone know why I am having these class issues?