Problems with compiling in development

I have a strange problem that I suspect has to do with compiling. In development do I need to do anything after I change the code? It still loads a file, looking in the log file, that it shouldn't. I thought Rails didn't compile in development.

what do you mean by : Rails didn’t compile in development can you copy your log file in a gist ,

Kad Kerforn wrote in post #1110772:

what do you mean by : Rails didn't compile in development can you copy your log file in a gist ,

Le vendredi 31 mai 2013 09:45:09 UTC+2, Ruby-Forum.com User a crit :

Not sure what I mean. I just assumed it was something with compiling. But it could be something else. Not understanding Rails anymore is a major problem. :slight_smile:

I'm kind of lost with Rails right now. What was simple and beautiful is no more. I've never understood REST and I think this is what gives me problems.

That and this compiling thing in production.

But to put it short and back to my question, can I forget compiling in developing mode, not part of my problem?

You shouldn't need to precompile assets in development, if that's what you mean by compiling.

Walter

Kad Kerforn wrote in post #1110772:

what do you mean by : Rails didn't compile in development can you copy your log file in a gist ,

Le vendredi 31 mai 2013 09:45:09 UTC+2, Ruby-Forum.com User a crit :

Not sure what I mean. I just assumed it was something with compiling. But it could be something else. Not understanding Rails anymore is a major problem. :slight_smile:

I'm kind of lost with Rails right now. What was simple and beautiful is no more. I've never understood REST and I think this is what gives me problems.

That and this compiling thing in production.

But to put it short and back to my question, can I forget compiling in developing mode, not part of my problem?

Ruby is not compiled. Please describe exactly the problem that you are seeing. In order for us to help we must first understand the problem.

Colin

Colin Law wrote in post #1110802: