Problem with testing rails applications..

Hi,

Recently I've been trying to add permalinks to my rails system, so because I had my new OS just installed I installed ruby and rails and all of the things I had before.. Then I downloaded my application files directly from the web, and attempted to run the server; when I visit it in my browser it comes up with my custom error message, and the console displays this:

/!\ FAILSAFE /!\ Sun Jun 20 17:39:08 +0100 2010   Status: 500 Internal Server Error   no such file to load -- sqlite3     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.2/lib/ active_support/dependencies.rb:156:in `require'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.2/lib/ active_support/dependencies.rb:521:in `new_constants_in'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.2/lib/ active_support/dependencies.rb:156:in `require'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.2/lib/ active_support/core_ext/kernel/requires.rb:7:in `require_library_or_gem'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.2/lib/ active_support/core_ext/kernel/reporting.rb:11:in `silence_warnings'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.3.2/lib/ active_support/core_ext/kernel/requires.rb:5:in `require_library_or_gem'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.2/lib/ active_record/connection_adapters/sqlite3_adapter.rb:10:in `sqlite3_connection'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.2/lib/ active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:223:in `send'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.2/lib/ active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:223:in `new_connection'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.2/lib/ active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:245:in `checkout_new_connection'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.2/lib/ active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:188:in `checkout'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.2/lib/ active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:184:in `loop'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.2/lib/ active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:184:in `checkout'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/monitor.rb:242:in `synchronize'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.2/lib/ active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:183:in `checkout'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.2/lib/ active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:98:in `connection'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.2/lib/ active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:326:in `retrieve_connection'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.2/lib/ active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb: 123:in `retrieve_connection'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.2/lib/ active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_specification.rb: 115:in `connection'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.2/lib/ active_record/query_cache.rb:9:in `cache'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.2/lib/ active_record/query_cache.rb:28:in `call'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activerecord-2.3.2/lib/ active_record/connection_adapters/abstract/connection_pool.rb:361:in `call'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.2/lib/ action_controller/vendor/rack-1.0/rack/head.rb:9:in `call'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.2/lib/ action_controller/vendor/rack-1.0/rack/methodoverride.rb:24:in `call'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.2/lib/ action_controller/params_parser.rb:15:in `call'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.2/lib/ action_controller/rewindable_input.rb:25:in `call'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.2/lib/ action_controller/session/cookie_store.rb:93:in `call'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.2/lib/ action_controller/reloader.rb:9:in `call'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.2/lib/ action_controller/failsafe.rb:11:in `call'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.2/lib/ action_controller/vendor/rack-1.0/rack/lock.rb:11:in `call'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.2/lib/ action_controller/vendor/rack-1.0/rack/lock.rb:11:in `synchronize'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.2/lib/ action_controller/vendor/rack-1.0/rack/lock.rb:11:in `call'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.2/lib/ action_controller/dispatcher.rb:106:in `call'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.2/lib/rails/rack/ static.rb:31:in `call'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.2/lib/ action_controller/vendor/rack-1.0/rack/urlmap.rb:46:in `call'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.2/lib/ action_controller/vendor/rack-1.0/rack/urlmap.rb:40:in `each'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.2/lib/ action_controller/vendor/rack-1.0/rack/urlmap.rb:40:in `call'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.2/lib/rails/rack/ log_tailer.rb:17:in `call'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.2/lib/ action_controller/vendor/rack-1.0/rack/content_length.rb:13:in `call'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.2/lib/ action_controller/vendor/rack-1.0/rack/handler/webrick.rb:46:in `service'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpserver.rb:104:in `service'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/httpserver.rb:65:in `run'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:173:in `start_thread'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:162:in `start'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:162:in `start_thread'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:95:in `start'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:92:in `each'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:92:in `start'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:23:in `start'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/webrick/server.rb:82:in `start'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/actionpack-2.3.2/lib/ action_controller/vendor/rack-1.0/rack/handler/webrick.rb:13:in `run'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.2/lib/commands/server.rb: 111     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require'     C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'     ./script/server:3     -e:4:in `load'     -e:4

I really don't know what the problem is, and I can't test my additions and edits..

Please Help,

Thanks In Advance,

-Joe

Hi,

Recently I've been trying to add permalinks to my rails system, so because I had my new OS just installed I installed ruby and rails and all of the things I had before.. Then I downloaded my application files directly from the web, and attempted to run the server; when I visit it in my browser it comes up with my custom error message, and the console displays this:

/!\ FAILSAFE /!\ Sun Jun 20 17:39:08 +0100 2010 Status: 500 Internal Server Error no such file to load -- sqlite3

From the message above, you are missing sqlite3. You might want to verify that each gem dependency is installed before you try to run your application.

Good luck,

-Conrad

When trying "gem install sqlite3-ruby"; it spits out "no definition for libversion".

And when trying to "rake gems:install" it seems to think that everything is absolutely fine.

Please note although I dont think it'll make a difference I get this on starting the application:

C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.2/lib/rails/gem_dependency.rb: 99:Warning: Gem::Dependency#version_requirements is deprecated and will be removed on or after August 2010. Use #requirement

Please Help,

Thanks In Advance,

-Joe

When trying "gem install sqlite3-ruby"; it spits out "no definition for libversion".

And when trying to "rake gems:install" it seems to think that everything is absolutely fine.

Please note although I dont think it'll make a difference I get this on starting the application:

C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.3.2/lib/rails/gem_dependency.rb: 99:Warning: Gem::Dependency#version_requirements is deprecated and will be removed on or after August 2010. Use #requirement

Please Help,

Thanks In Advance,

-Joe

Seems others are having this issue on Windows as well.

Try here for some direction: http://groups.google.com/group/rubyinstaller/browse_thread/thread/bd7ec8e1dab4ff17

Hope this helps