Problem with interlock and memcache-client

hey all

I have interlock and memcache working fine in one rails app. I'm starting another and can't get it working - when i try to run a test for example i get

no such file to load -- memcache-client ...list of rubygems require error trace messages <app folder>/vendor/plugins/interlock/lib/interlock/config.rb:96:in `install_memcached': 'memcache-client' client requested but not installed. Try 'sudo gem install memcache-client'. (Interlock::ConfigurationError)

I don't understand what's going wrong here as i have the memcache-client gem installed. I've even successfully unpacked it into the vendor/gems folder of the app to no avail. On closer inspection of interlock, the actual error that triggers the rescue message above is "Anonymous modules have no name to be referenced by" which is triggered by this line

if MemCache.constants.include?('SVNURL')

So, MemCache is an anonymous module here? I don't even know what that means, apart from that it's what you have inside a Module.new block.

Basically though, before the crashing line, i can't even inspect MemCache without causing an error.

Grateful for any advice...thanks, max