Problem with installing sqlite3-ruby

Hi friends I am new to get on the rails & I have allready a problem in installing sqlite3-ruby. I just made my first programme :Hello world.When I execute http://localhost:3000/hello_world on my browser,then the following error comes with it. [

no such file to load -- sqlite3

RAILS_ROOT: /home/whatsup3/HelloProject

Application Trace | Framework Trace | Full Trace

/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require'
/usr/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'

… ] After that I tried:gem install sqlite3-ruby then the folloing error comes:

[ WARNING: Installing to ~/.gem since /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8 and /usr/bin aren’t both writable. WARNING: You don’t have /home/whatsup3/.gem/ruby/1.8/bin in your PATH, gem executables will not run.

Building native extensions. This could take a while… ERROR: Error installing sqlite3-ruby: ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

/usr/bin/ruby extconf.rb install sqlite3-ruby checking for fdatasync() in -lrt… no

checking for sqlite3.h… no

make make: *** No rule to make target ruby.h', needed by sqlite3_api_wrap.o’. Stop.

Gem files will remain installed in /home/whatsup3/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.4 for inspection.

Results logged to /home/whatsup3/.gem/ruby/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.4/ext/sqlite3_api/gem_make.out ]

What should I do? The OS is :Fedora Core 7

A Z wrote:

/usr/bin/ruby extconf.rb install sqlite3-ruby checking for fdatasync() in -lrt... no checking for sqlite3.h... no

make make: *** No rule to make target `ruby.h', needed by `sqlite3_api_wrap.o'. Stop.

Looks like you are missing the development headers for ruby. These are often in a separate package from your linux distribution, often called something like ruby-dev or something along those lines.

Fred

Hello,

I have this problem before. I found answer on line. Just install sqlite3-ruby-1.2.3 instead of 1.2.4.

command is:

gem install sqlite3-ruby --version 1.2.3

hope it is helpful for you.

Thanks a lot.

I tried with gem install sqlite3-ruby --version 1.2.3 but got following error.

[

gem install sqlite3-ruby --version 1.2.3 Building native extensions. This could take a while… ERROR: Error installing sqlite3-ruby: ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

/usr/bin/ruby extconf.rb install sqlite3-ruby --version 1.2.3 checking for fdatasync() in -lrt… no checking for sqlite3.h… no *** extconf.rb failed *** Could not create Makefile due to some reason, probably lack of

necessary libraries and/or headers. Check the mkmf.log file for more details. You may need configuration options.

Provided configuration options: –with-opt-dir –without-opt-dir –with-opt-include –without-opt-include=${opt-dir}/include –with-opt-lib –without-opt-lib=${opt-dir}/lib

--with-make-prog
    --without-make-prog
    --srcdir=.
    --curdir
    --ruby=/usr/bin/ruby
    --with-sqlite3-dir
    --without-sqlite3-dir
    --with-sqlite3-include

--without-sqlite3-include=${sqlite3-dir}/include
    --with-sqlite3-lib
    --without-sqlite3-lib=${sqlite3-dir}/lib
    --with-rtlib
    --without-rtlib

Gem files will remain installed in /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.3 for inspection. Results logged to /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.3/ext/sqlite3_api/gem_make.out

]

This way help me to fix the problem!

SQLite3: Without the -d option, rails will default to sqlite. To install SQLite3: ~$ sudo apt-get install libsqlite3-0 libsqlite3-dev ~$ sudo gem install sqlite3-ruby