Installing sqlite3-ruby with rubygems on Ubuntu 8.0.4.1

Hi everyone,

I'm on Ubuntu Hardy and I just installed

ruby1.8 irb1.8 ri1.8 rdoc1.8 rubygems ruby1.8-dev

I then intalled rails with rubygems and had to run the gem update --system command once I wanted to create my first rails project,

I also have to install the sqlite3-ruby gem but each time I try to here's the error I get :

sudo gem install sqlite3-ruby Building native extensions. This could take a while... ERROR: Error installing sqlite3-ruby:         ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

/usr/bin/ruby1.8 extconf.rb install sqlite3-ruby checking for fdatasync() in -lrt... yes checking for sqlite3.h... no

make make: *** No rule to make target `ruby.h', needed by `sqlite3_api_wrap.o'. Stop.

Gem files will remain installed in /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.4 for inspection. Results logged to /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/sqlite3-ruby-1.2.4/ext/sqlite3_api/gem_make.out

So I'm probably missing some libraries or maybe a environment variable, could you please help me sort this out, I'd be enlightned

Cheers :slight_smile:

bigchoco

Ok solved my problem by installing the sqlite3-dev packages sorry for being impatient

Happy coding :stuck_out_tongue: