Problem with file upload

When I try a simple file upload and params[:image][:file_name].original_filename in the controller I get an error: "The error occurred while evaluating nil.original_filename". What could be wrong? The form is multipart <% form_tag :action => "create_image", :multipart => true do %>

The file field is: <%= file_field 'image', 'file_name' %>

Pål Bergström wrote:

When I try a simple file upload and params[:image][:file_name].original_filename in the controller I get an error: "The error occurred while evaluating nil.original_filename". What could be wrong? The form is multipart <% form_tag :action => "create_image", :multipart => true do %>

The file field is: <%= file_field 'image', 'file_name' %>

Is it that params[:image][:file_name] is just a string, not an object with the method original_filename?

What does the rest of the controller code look like in the create? Have you done the @model = Model.new(params[:image]) yet?

Ar Chron wrote:

Is it that params[:image][:file_name] is just a string, not an object with the method original_filename?

What does the rest of the controller code look like in the create? Have you done the @model = Model.new(params[:image]) yet?

Could be. I don't know. It should be an object. I'll check.

I've done the Model.new. I've taken my code from another app where I got it working, so it should work. Can it be an issue of permissions, that it can't access the file? Where is the file stored in-between in a file upload?