Problem with embedding a SWF player file in page

Found a great link (Eleventyten.com is for sale | HugeDomains) describing adding Flash content (in my case playerMultipleList.swf) in a "rails" webpage.

I've followed the instructions to a "T", however the player doesn't display on the page ... just the words playerMultipleList.swf appear :frowning:

Everything else is working great after retrofitting the pages to the ROR framework, but this is one of the most important features. If you have experience with this and would kindly share it, I will greatly appreciate it!

Please see attachment for the code I'm using !

Thanks Rubio

Attachments: http://www.ruby-forum.com/attachment/3596/sounds.html.erb

line 8-10 of your file might be what you are seeing.

08 <script type="text/javascript" src="swfobject.js"></script> 09 <div id="flashPlayer"> 10 playerMultipleList.swf 11 </div>

line 10 is where is displays the name. line 08 is most likely the problem. Usually javascripts are in a javascripts directory. change that line to this and see if it works:

08 <script type="text/javascript" src="/javascripts/swfobject.js"></

I have never used that javascript swfobject.js library before, but my #1 guess is you are not loading it.

I am also sure there would be a way to play your SWF without needing the Javascript that would make your life easier so look into that also.

Chris Reister www.cowboyonrails.com