Problem with array

I have a list of 3 "report_admins" in my database, and when I send an email I need to email to go to all 3 admins,

So in the controller I put... @report_admins = ReportAdmin.find(:all)

Then I told ActionMailer this... @recipients = report_admins.email

But when I try and send this email I get this error... undefined method `email' for #<Array:0x455e214>

I have been told that I need to change this array into a string, but I don't know how... How?

Andrew

Brilliant thanks!

Andrew

babu nair wrote:

Hi you can try like this

@report_admins = ReportAdmin.find(:all)

@recipients=

for report_admin in @report_admins @recipients << report_admin.email end

You can collect the email address of each admin in one line:

@recipients = @report_admins.collect { |a| a.email }

Andrew Doades wrote:

I have a list of 3 "report_admins" in my database, and when I send an email I need to email to go to all 3 admins,

But when I try and send this email I get this error... undefined method `email' for #<Array:0x455e214>

I have been told that I need to change this array into a string, but I don't know how... How?

Andrew

Hi

when you write ReportAdmin.find(:all) it gives array as result. so u access each record through

Andrew Doades wrote:

Andrew

Hey I am facing same problem

what to do ?