Problem moving from RedCloth 3.0.3 to 3.0.4

Hey all:

I've moved my application from my own computer to a Textdrive server, and in the process, switched from using RedCloth 3.0.3 to 3.0.4. Unfortunately, either the Redcloth version switch or the server switch has introduced a new problem: when I use the to_html method, two consecutive newlines are no longer converted to paragraph tags. Instead, any number of newlines are converted to a single <br />.

This problem didn't exist on my own machine--as I expected, two consecutive newlines became paragraph tags.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Dave Anderson

rake rails:freeze:gems

…It will put all of your local gems in your /vendor directory, then you can upload that to Textdrive :slight_smile:

Whoops, that’s only for rails. Anyhow - you could do something similar. CP redcloth to vendor/redcloth, then include it in your application from environment.rb.

Hey David, here's a solution that you can perform after doing a

rake rails:freeze:gems

http://nubyonrails.com/articles/2005/12/22/freeze-other-gems-to-rails-lib-directory

Good luck,

-Conrad

Conrad Taylor wrote:

Hey David, here's a solution that you can perform after doing a

rake rails:freeze:gems

http://nubyonrails.com/articles/2005/12/22/freeze-other-gems-to-rails-lib-directory

Thanks for your help, everyone--I took your suggestions, and was able
to get it working.

Cheers,
Dave