polymorphic -> polymorphic relations

I have 2 polymorphic models that I am trying to relate to each other:

class Company < ActiveRecord::Base   belongs_to :business, :polymorphic => true   has_many :people   has_and_belongs_to_many :mops end

class Person < ActiveRecord::Base   belongs_to :contactable, :polymorphic => true   belongs_to :company end

class Contractorcompany < ActiveRecord::Base   has_one :company, :as => :business, :dependent => :destroy, :foreign_key => :business_id end

class Contactcompany < ActiveRecord::Base   has_one :company, :as => :business, :dependent => :destroy, :foreign_key => :business_id end

The problem is that when I select a person according to contactable_type and then pull the company name I get hte company in the wrong table. Is there a way to make it so I do this:

@contractor = Contractor.find(params[:contractorid]) @company=Person.find_by_contactable_id_and_contactable_type (@contractor.id,'Contractor').company.business.name

It will pull from the contractorcompany table and not the contactcompany table?

Try This:

class Company < ActiveRecord::Base belongs_to :business, :polymorphic => true has_many :people has_and_belongs_to_many :mops end

class Person < ActiveRecord::Base belongs_to :contactable, :polymorphic => true belongs_to :company end

class Contractorcompany < Company

end

class Contactcompany < Company

end

USE Inheritance… Not sure if I got the syntax correct but I think you get the idea…