Paypal Plugin

I'm trying to install the Paypal Plugin from
http://www.elctech.com/products_ruby_paypal.shtml following the
instructions at http://www.elctech.com/ruby/paypal/README

However on step 2 when I run:

./bin/wsdl2ruby.rb --wsdl
http://www.sandbox.paypal.com/wsdl/PayPalSvc.wsdl --type client --force

I get the following error:

FATAL -- app: Detected an exception. Stopping ... undefined method
`elementformdefault' for #<WSDL::XMLSchema::ComplexContent:0x8609f4>
(NoMethodError)

In the PayPalSvc.wsdl the schema tag has the attribute
elementFormDefault="qualified" which is the only elementformdefault
attribute throughout the file.

Is this something new that PayPal added that is just not supported by
soap4r? I am a soap newbie, so I don't relish the thought of digging
into the library to try to fix the problem.

I don’t have a solution to this problem, which I encountered myself w while back. It even got special mention in my e-commerce book as being particularly broken. So, if you find a fix, please let me know. :slight_smile:

Hm, this one worked for me:

$ wsdl2ruby --wsdl http://www.sandbox.paypal.com/wsdl/PayPalSvc.wsdl
--type client
ignored attr: {urn:ebay:api:PayPalAPI}version
ignored attr: {}abstract
ignored element: {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}minInclusive of
WSDL::XMLSchema::SimpleRestriction
ignored element: {http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema}maxInclusive of
WSDL::XMLSchema::SimpleRestriction
I, [2006-08-30T08:55:26.878444 #28380] INFO -- app: Creating class definition.
I, [2006-08-30T08:55:26.878893 #28380] INFO -- app: Creates file 'default.rb'.
I, [2006-08-30T08:55:27.855843 #28380] INFO -- app: Creating driver.
I, [2006-08-30T08:55:27.856158 #28380] INFO -- app: Creates file
'defaultDriver.rb'.
I, [2006-08-30T08:55:27.926875 #28380] INFO -- app: Creating client skelton.
I, [2006-08-30T08:55:27.927095 #28380] INFO -- app: Creates file
'PayPalAPIInterfaceServiceClient.rb'.
I, [2006-08-30T08:55:27.930485 #28380] INFO -- app: End of app. (status: 0)

Well I did finally get it working... The problem was that I had
downloaded the stable version of soap4r and you actually need the
nightly build. However I ran into some other problems after that and
basically decided to just go with Active Merchant. My client is
possible looking at an alternative Gateway anyway, so AM is a better
fit.