passing non-existing parameters

perhaps an academic question:

i have this:

<%= link_to_remote n, :url=>people_url({:div_to_update=>"people_container",:organisation_id=>@organisation.id,:partial=>"list_row",:page=>n}),:method=>:get %>

as you can see in the parameter hash there is an organisation_id, but sometimes this value is not present, so there is no @organisation instance variable.

I noticed that rails doesn't bother, it just ignores this one in the url parameters it creates

Do you think it is ok to rely on the framework for checking these kind of things or should i check it myself before calling this method?

i know it works, but perhaps this is not so beautifull

perhaps an academic question:

i have this:

<%= link_to_remote n, :url=>people_url({:div_to_update=>"people_container",:organisation_id=>@organisation.id,:partial=>"list_row",:page=>n}),:method=>:get %>

as you can see in the parameter hash there is an organisation_id, but sometimes this value is not present, so there is no @organisation instance variable.

I noticed that rails doesn't bother, it just ignores this one in the url parameters it creates

Do you think it is ok to rely on the framework for checking these kind of things or should i check it myself before calling this method?

i know it works, but perhaps this is not so beautifull

Don't do that... You sure that it's not setting it? Or is it setting it to the same result as "nil.id" ?

Might want to double check that.