Passenger problem

I've used the Slicehost Intrepid instructions (http:// articles.slicehost.com/ubuntu-intrepid) to install a new Ubuntu server with Ruby, Rails and passenger.

Everything seems to be working OK, save for one thing: my application only service up the files that are in its public folder.

The Passenger gem is installed. I've done this whole process before without any problem. Any thoughts on how I can go about figuing how to fix this?

Thanx in advance.

Any troubleshooting help is greatly appreciated.

If you look in the Apache error_log what does the log say when the server restarts?

Something like this maybe?

Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.8k DAV/2 Phusion_Passenger/2.2.4 configured -- resuming normal operations

Do you get an error?

A couple questions that might sound dumb, but just to be sure:

- Even though the passenger gem is installed, did you run the passenger install script for apache? (passenger-install-apache2- module) - Is there a line that says PassengerEnabled On; in your vhost? - Do you get a 404 or 500 when you go to a Rails url? Is there anything in the rails log file that indicates that it's receiving the request?

Jeff

purpleworkshops.com

I should not that this has been resolved.

My problem? I was trying to create another virtual host, when really, I needed the app to run on the default host for the server.

I added the RailsBaseURI to the default vhost config file, and then it worked just fine. Thanks for your help!

Eric