partials redrawing

I have a select in a partial (_partialInPartial) , which itself is in a partial (_partial).

_partialInPartial contains a select. WIthin the select, I have :selected = > nil so that there is nothing selected. When I redraw it, I therefore expect that nothing will be selected in it.

However, when I render :partial => '_partialInPartial' it is still retaining the previously selected value

Is this because it is a partial within a partial? If so, how can I get around this to make certaian a select in a partial is always set to, in effect, un-selected? Thanks, RVince

I have a select in a partial (_partialInPartial) , which itself is in a partial (_partial).

_partialInPartial contains a select. WIthin the select, I have :selected = > nil so that there is nothing selected. When I redraw it, I therefore expect that nothing will be selected in it.

However, when I render :partial => '_partialInPartial' it is still retaining the previously selected value

When you say 'redraw' do you mean go back to it in the browser or is it a fresh render from the server. If the former then it is the browser keeping the previous selection not your application. View the source in the browser to see if your selected => nil is getting through correctly.

Colin

Colin,

I think what I am asking is, should a redraw of a partial be the equivalent of a refresh of that partial only? (and if so, would that hold for a partial in a partial, or is that considered bad form in the rails world?) -RVince