pagination_find outside of find?

I am selecting records from the database using find. Then I delete records out of the array, that I don't want. That means I have fewer records in my array then after the find. Therefore I cannot put the

:page => {:size => 15, :current => page}

into my find. How would I do it, if I have the following code to tell my pagination the number of records?

@images = Image.find(params[:keyword]) if @images.empty?   flash[:notice] = "No Images found" else   @images.reject { |image| image.owner.id != @owner.id } end

Please help! Thank you!

its a bad practice to get all records and filter in rails afterwards. use conditions.

@images = Image.find(params[:keyword], :conditions => "owner_id = #{@owner.id}") unless @images.empty?   flash[:notice] = "No Images found" end

You are right, but I am using find_fulltext and I don't know, how to join several tables with find_fulltext as well as have two arguments like "keyword" and "owner_id". Also, I don't know how to add the pagination stuff in there. My sql query would look like this:

select value from fulltext_rows f, images i where f.fulltextable_type = "Image" and          f.value like "%params{:keyword]%" and          f.fulltextable.id = i.image.id and          i.image.type = null and          i.owner_id = owner_id;

Thank you!