Override Rails headers

Is there any way to completely override some / all of the headers that rails outputs by default?

I would use response.headers["Set-Cookie"], etc, but as we all know, this doesn't work a lot of the time for headers which rails sets automatically.

The reason I'm asking is I'm a HTTP proxy and in order to pass the headers (content-type, set-cookie), from the requested page from the proxy to the client, I need complete control over them.

thanks

Hello,

why it doesn't work for you? I think the most important is to really pay attention to params hash can have a hash in it, so harder to find if we make mistake.

http://guides.rubyonrails.org/action_controller_overview.html

Here the second part is your answer, and I think the examples are good to understand how to override it totally if you wish.

If it has problems, please share it here, thanks, Zoltán

All I can find in this guide is the original response.headers["header"] = "whatever", that I posted in my question. This doesn't work for most common headers for me, including Location redirects, Set-Cookie, and Content-Type, which I am assuming happens because rails uses these headers again later down the line.

For example, when I do this: response.headers["Content-type"] = "text/css" render :text => css

the final content-type header which comes out of the application is "Content-type: utf8; text/html"

However, when I do this

render :text => css, :content-type => "text/css", the final header is what I want, "Content-type: utf8; text/css"

I can't do this for every header, like set-cookie, location redirects, status codes, etc, I need to mass assign headers for this, which brings us back to my original question. (and yes I would rewrite cookie names to prevent against xss).