Oracle adapter: datetime_select problem

I'm having a problem using the datetime_select helper for data held in an Oracle (10g) database.

The data is stored in Oracle as DATE and the helper works fine if there is a non-zero time component of the date. Unfortunately if there isn't a time component (ie. the time value is midnight - 00:00:00) then it breaks with the following error message: -

NoMethodError in Weeks#edit ... private method `min' called for #<Date: 4908799/2,0,2299161>

From what I can gather it looks like the code is seeing the zero time value and therefore casting the data into a DATE type rather than a DATETIME.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

John

I'm having a problem using the datetime_select helper for data held in an Oracle (10g) database.

The data is stored in Oracle as DATE and the helper works fine if there is a non-zero time component of the date. Unfortunately if there isn't a time component (ie. the time value is midnight - 00:00:00) then it breaks with the following error message: -

NoMethodError in Weeks#edit ... private method `min' called for #<Date: 4908799/2,0,2299161>

From what I can gather it looks like the code is seeing the zero time value and therefore casting the data into a DATE type rather than a DATETIME.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

The oracle adapter is maintained by Michael Schoen, so he's probably the best person to ask about why it's doing that. It would appear to be deliberate though.