odbc data source name not found

Hi,
I have been trying to get MSSQL working on mac, but it apears that my
iodbc setup is broken:

tomasz-baks-imac:~ tb$ iodbctest
"dsn=wcompany_odbc;uid=thesystem_test;pwd=thesystem_test"
iODBC Demonstration program
This program shows an interactive SQL processor
Driver Manager: 03.52.0406.1211
1: SQLDriverConnect = [iODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found
and no default driver specified. Driver could not be loaded (0)
SQLSTATE=IM002
1: ODBC_Connect = [iODBC][Driver Manager]Data source name not found and
no default driver specified. Driver could not be loaded (0)
SQLSTATE=IM002

tomasz-baks-imac:~ tb$ cat /opt/local/etc/odbc.ini
[wcompany_odbc]
Driver = /opt/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Description = ODBC connection via FreeTDS
Trace = yes
TraceFile = /tmp/odbc.log
Servername = wcompany
TDS_version = 8.0
Database = thesystemTest

tomasz-baks-imac:~ tb$ cat /opt/local/etc/odbcinst.ini
[FreeTDS]
Description = TDS Driver
Driver = /opt/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Setup = /opt/local/lib/libtdsS.so
CPTimeout =
CPReuse =
FileUsage = 1

The configure files are like the ones that work on Ubuntu.
It might be me doing something strange with Mac setup.
I example when I moved odbc*.ini files to /etc I got different error
(I am not sure that that one gets me closer :frowning:

tomasz-baks-imac:~ tb$ iodbctest
"dsn=wcompany_odbc;uid=thesystem_test;pwd=thesystem_test"
iODBC Demonstration program
This program shows an interactive SQL processor
Driver Manager: 03.52.0406.1211
1: SQLDriverConnect = [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect: Adaptive
Server is unavailable or does not exist (20009) SQLSTATE=08S01
2: SQLDriverConnect = [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data
source (0) SQLSTATE=08001
1: ODBC_Connect = [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect: Adaptive
Server is unavailable or does not exist (20009) SQLSTATE=08S01
2: ODBC_Connect = [FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source
(0) SQLSTATE=08001

The file /tmp/odbc.log is not being created. I have no idea what to try
next.

I have verified that tshl work fine for that database:
tomasz-baks-imac:th_b_rails21 tb$ tsql -H 10.10.1.2 -p 1433 -U
thesystem_test -P thesystem_test
locale is "C/UTF-8/C/C/C/C"
locale charset is ""
1> use thesystemTest
2> go
1> select count(*) from NItems
2> go

220
(1 row affected)
1>

Cheers,
Tomasz