Null value in mysql database table.

I want to save four fields(name,latitude,longitude,location) coming from my android phone to mysql table through ruby. I did the follwing code in my update file.

def update

@trackdata_items=Trackdata.new(params[:trackdata_items])

if @trackdata_items.save

render :text => '{           "success":true,                 "info":"ok",                 "data":{                 "tasks":[                   {"title":"Complete the app"}                 ]              }             }'

else             render :status => :unprocessable_entity,            :json => { :success => false,                       :info => resource.errors,                        :data => {} }     end

end

But my sql database is updating each time with NULL values. what to do ?

I want to save four fields(name,latitude,longitude,location) coming from my android phone to mysql table through ruby. I did the follwing code in my update file.

def update

@trackdata_items=Trackdata.new(params[:trackdata_items])

if @trackdata_items.save

This looks more like a create action than an update action.

render :text => '{           "success":true,                 "info":"ok",                 "data":{                 "tasks":[                   {"title":"Complete the app"}                 ]              }             }'

else             render :status => :unprocessable_entity,            :json => { :success => false,                       :info => resource.errors,                        :data => {} }     end

end

But my sql database is updating each time with NULL values. what to do ?

First look in development.log to see what parameters are being posted and which action is called.

Colin

Hi, actually I am beginner. So can you please tell where is development.log ?

Most of the time unless you are some weird ass developer it will be right there in the terminal by way of STDERR because you will preferably start a non-daemonized testing server, otherwise it will be in log/development.log relative to the root of your base Rails app.

Hi, actually I am beginner. So can you please tell where is development.log ?

In that case start by working right through a good tutorial such as railstutorial.org (which is free to use online). That will show you the basics of Rails. Do that before starting your own project, it will save you a lot of time in the long run.

The log in in log/development.log though if you just want to see where you are going wrong. But then do the tutorial.

Colin

Actually I am almost at the end of my project. If I got this I can complete my project. Thats why I asked.

Run: tail -f log/development.log from your project root directory You should see the same log in the terminal where you run your server