No HTML code generated with submit_tag helper

Hello,

I am trying to implement the depot sample application of "Agile programming with rails", everrithing goes good until came to AJAX stuff,

When I changed the button_to for submit_tag I have no HTML code generated for invoking the action using AJAX, I read the troubleshooting section and everything is OK, any Idea of what could be happening?

The code in index.rhml is

<% form_remote_tag :url => {:action => :add_to_cart, :id => product } do %>       <%= submit_tag "Add to Cart" %>     <% end %>

and the resulting form has nothing, just a couple of blank lines in the place that should show the button.

Thank you

Mike wrote:

<% form_remote_tag :url =>

You forgot the =

(Some forms use it and some don't. No idea why!)

Philip,

I tried two ways, and when use "=" sends an error

SyntaxError in Store#index

Showing app/views/store/index.rhtml where line #13 raised:

compile error ./script/../config/../app/views/store/index.rhtml:13: parse error, unexpected ')' _erbout.concat " "; _erbout.concat(( form_remote_tag :url => {:action => :add_to_cart, :id => product } do ).to_s); _erbout.concat "\n"

^ ./script/../config/../app/views/store/index.rhtml:18: parse error, unexpected kEND, expecting ')' end ; _erbout     ^

Any other idea?

Phlip ha escrito:

(Some forms use it and some don't. No idea why!)

<% form_for :item %>   ... <% end %>

Is a block, so it doesn't use the =. It outputs what's inside the block.

<%= form_remote_tag %>

Doesn't have a block, it's directly outputting the tag itself.

I tried two ways, and when use "=" sends an error

^

./script/../config/../app/views/store/index.rhtml:18: parse error, unexpected kEND, expecting ')' end ; _erbout     ^

take off the <% end %> tag, after you switch from <% form_remote_tag %> to <%= form_remote_tag %>

Jim,

The code is

<% form_remote_tag :url => {:action => :add_to_cart, :id => product } do %>       <%= submit_tag "Add to Cart" %> <% end %>

it should generate a form with a submit button, but it doesn't generate any HTML code, just two blank lines, seems weird, isn't?

Thank you

I am using

<%= form_tag :action => :agent_call_list%>    <%= submit_tag -%> <%= end_form_tag %>

raj