Newbie: New item goes to bottom of list

I'm new to RoR so please excuse a simple question. I've finished the first part of the Depot Application from AWDwR. When I create a new product it goes to the bottom of the list. How do I get new products to sort to the top? Thanks in advance.

Hi

DP777 wrote:

I'm new to RoR so please excuse a simple question. I've finished the first part of the Depot Application from AWDwR. When I create a new product it goes to the bottom of the list. How do I get new products to sort to the top?

Find the find() method in the relevant controller and add ":order => 'id DESC'" to the parameters. This will find return the products from the database with the most recent first.

If your product list url is site.com/products/list, you should have a file called app/controllers/products_controller.rb with a method similar to this:

def list   @products = Product.find(:all)   [..] end

change this to:

def list   @products = Product.find(:all, :order => 'id DESC')   [..] end

Your file and method names may differ but this should give you a rough idea.

Cheers,

Mark

Thats all right, but if you use this book, you have following code in app\controllers\admin_controller.rb: ...   def list     @product_pages, @products = paginate :products, :per_page => 10   end ...

if you want to sort products by id, you should rewrite this code us:

def list     @product_pages, @products = paginate :products, :per_page => 10, :order => 'id DESC'   end ...

Try it, or may be you want sort by title or price?