New Job Opening:: Full Time Permanent / Direct Hire / Santa Monica, CA / $120k - $140k base salary

I am trying to fill a Full Time Permanent / Direct Hire Senior Ruby Development role in Santa Monica, CA with a fantastic start up that specializes in discount eCommerce

Base salary depends on experience and skill level. Benefits, Equity, etc. also paid.

Anyone interested? If so, please call me, asap. I can be reached at 310-873-5878, alternatively you may email me at dleak@tci-la.com for an immediate response. I placed one person in this role in December and am looking for one more to start Jan, Feb at the latest.

The process is quick and painless, one onsite interview and done. If you’re qualified and a cultural fit for the firm you will be extended an offer immediately after that. No BS, No brain teasers, they just want to hire really good developers. Expect to write code during your interview.

**Thanks, **

David Leak…

Job Spec:

**Tech Stack: **Ruby on Rails, Amazon Web Services, MySQL, Chef and/or AWS Opsworks (Spree and/or Solidus, FileMaker)

Why you want to work here:

• Ground floor opportunity to work with an impressive management team that has a proven track record of building successful start-ups.

• Company has already raised $5.5M and has additional capital commitments.

• Join a company that will be the first online provider in a $45-50B industry. What You Will Do

• Serve as the back-end development expert for a rapidly growing development team

• Build, design, and implement back-end features across company’s servers

• Address scalability issues

• Work with server-side engineering and front-end development team

• Participate in all aspects of a project life-cycle, from specifications through QA and communicate realistic assessments of project status What Gets You the Job?

• 4-year degree (or equivalent experience)

• 7+ years of professional experience (with 3+ years of Rails development experience)

• Understanding and application of Ruby on Rails, LAMP stack, and MySQL

• Experience with JavaScript, jQuery, and AJAX

• Spree and/or Solidus eCommerce application a plus

• Knowledge of UNIX (RedHat Linux, CentOS, Amazon AMI) operating systems, including basic system administration tasks

• Understanding of Amazon Web Services (S3, SQS, RDS, ELB)

• An understanding of Chef and/or AWS Opsworks