New Foxy Fixtures (Rails 2) & STI (Single Table Inheritance)

I've got some problems right now using the new model for relationships in fixtures (by label, not by id) and STI. What I've got, is a couple of models:

Attachment --> FileDownload Version

Version has_one file_download with file_download_id on the versions table

In my fixtures, I have two FileDownloads in my attachments.yml like so:

hemingway_alpha_zip:   size: 100   filename: hemingway_alpha.zip   content_type: application/zip   type: FileDownload   project: hemingway

now, in my versions.yml, I have:

alpha:   name: Alpha 1   revision: 2   description: this is the first alpha release for hemingway!   project: hemingway   file_download: hemingway_alpha_zip   created_at: <%= (Time.now - 5.days).to_formatted_s(:db) %>

The problem I'm having is that it's trying to put file_download into a column in versions when I run rake test:units

ActiveRecord::StatementInvalid: Mysql::Error: #42S22Unknown column 'file_download' in 'field list': INSERT INTO `versions` (`file_download`, `name`, `project_id`, `updated_at`, `id`, `revision`, `description`, `created_at`) VALUES ('hemingway_alpha_zip', 'Alpha 1', 2980859, '2007-11-14 11:23:26', 296151536, 2, 'this is the first alpha release for hemingway!', '2007-11-09 11:23:26')

Now, I've got two questions:

a) How can I make it think that file_download is a relationship and not a field? b) How can I get that label-hash id manually? (i.e. alpha --> 296151536) in case I just need to hack it in manually?

(snip)

a) How can I make it think that file_download is a relationship and not a field? b) How can I get that label-hash id manually? (i.e. alpha --> 296151536) in case I just need to hack it in manually?

For (a), it sounds like you're missing the other half of your has_one relationship. Do you have an appropriate belongs_to declared? The current fixture implementation expects has_one relationships to be specified on the belongs_to side, identically to has_many.

For (b), what you're looking for is Fixtures.identify, e.g.,

foo:      bar_id: <%= Fixtures.identify(:label) %>

~ j.