MySQL errors on Cygwin - URGENT!!

Hi,

when I type script/server, I am receiving the following error:

!!! The bundled mysql.rb driver has been removed from Rails 2.2. Please install the mysql gem and try again: gem install mysql.

And if I type gem install mysql, I get the following error:

ERROR: Error installing mysql:         ERROR: Failed to build gem native extension.

/usr/bin/ruby.exe extconf.rb checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no checking for main() in -lm... yes checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no checking for main() in -lz... yes checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no checking for main() in -lsocket... no checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no checking for main() in -lnsl... no checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no checking for main() in -lmygcc... no checking for mysql_query() in -lmysqlclient... no *** extconf.rb failed *** Could not create Makefile due to some reason, probably lack of necessary libraries and/or headers. Check the mkmf.log file for more details. You may need configuration options.

Any ideas, would be much appreciated.

James

What have you looked at so far?

Did you read the error message? Do you have the MySQL headers installed?

Peter

Which environment you are using...let me know the OS especially...

Cygwin is basically *nix (Linux?) on top of windows.

J.

I came across this problem several days ago,I'm using windows xp ,Here is my solution. 1. edit Gemfile => gem 'mysql2', '0.2.6' 2. download mysql-noinstall-5.1.50-win32.zip at http:// downloads.mysql.com/archives/mysql-5.1/mysql- noinstall-5.1.50-... ,unzip 3. gem install mysql2 -v 0.2.6 -- -- with-mysql-lib=E:\ROR \mysql-5.1.50-win32\lib --with-mysql-include=E: \ROR\mysql-5.1.50- win32\include (replace the file "E:\ROR \mysql-5.1.50-win32" path with yours) 4. this should work now,try bundle install,generate some model ,and run rake db:migrate to see if it works,make sure your database config is right,like this development: adapter: mysql2 encoding: utf8 reconnect: false database: depot_development pool: 5 username: root
password: root host: localhost 5.if it still not work ,try this => https://github.com/brianmario/mysql2/issues/8 Hope this helped.