multiple views, and some routers

Hi, I'm new to Rails (just a Java Programmer tired of having to configure a lot of xml's and mapping classes just to make a simple page (...))

anyway, I'm experiencing some problems with routers, i've created a new project using Rails 2.0 and created a scaffold for users.

so i have the following: users/new.html.erb ... (and the other pages created by the scaffold thing)

now, i want to create a new action list.html.erb

i'm with that default router that when I type /users/1 search for the user with id = 1 how do i call the list.html.erb page? because, when i type /users/list i get an error because it's trying to search for an id = list (?) what would be the correct way to map this on routers.rb ?

i have some doubts about the users_path, users_url, when scaffold generates the page he calls new_user_path for example. I didn't understand how that is possible. If i creat that list.html.erb page on the users folder, will i be able to call an list_user_path ?

Sorry if my questions look a little too beginner, maybe i missundertood something, and if someone can lead me to the right way, I'll be very grateful!

Thanks,

Andre.

The "users_path" and "users_url" methods map to the index action. Just add an "index" action to your controller and create a "index.html.erb" view file.

Aaron

map.resources :users, :collection => { :list => :get }

And then you should be able to go to

/users/list

For some reason it won't make list_users_path work (WHY NOT???!).

-Ryan

kopf1988 wrote:

map.resources :users, :collection => { :list => :get }

And then you should be able to go to

/users/list

For some reason it won't make list_users_path work (WHY NOT???!).

-Ryan

On Jan 17, 11:03�am, Andreh Luis <rails-mailing-l...@andreas-s.net>

Thanks for the reply! now i just in doubt with the users_path!

so the "something"_users_path is directly related to the routers? how does the new_user_path and other _users_path generated by scaffold work? i mean, how can i make anothe XXX_users_path? is it on the routers.rb?