Mongrel is Terminating Automatically

Dear All,

I am facing a problem - when I am hitting http://localhost:3000/login_c to enter to our system, webrick/mongrel quiting from command prompt.

I am getting this error- "" C:\Obs>mongrel_rails start ** Starting Mongrel listening at 0.0.0.0:3000 ** Starting Rails with development environment... ** Rails loaded. ** Loading any Rails specific GemPlugins ** Signals ready. INT => stop (no restart). ** Mongrel 1.1.5 available at 0.0.0.0:3000 ** Use CTRL-C to stop. C:/Ruby/lib/ruby/1.8/pathname.rb:266: [BUG] Segmentation fault ruby 1.8.6 (2008-08-11) [i386-mswin32]

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information. "" I am using windows xp service pack2, rails 2.3.5 . I already did uninstall and reinstall but no result. Please help.

Thanks in advance.

I face the same problem with my webrick server. I am new to ROR, so any thought on why this occurs would be very helpful.

-Laz

If you google for 'segmentation fault' you'll get many hits on the topic. I have read a couple of them and they seem to be related to memory problems with the garbage collection mechanism or with hardware that is not able to perform the requested operations.

I don't know if this is the case but maybe you have something in your code that is causing the GC to fail? Have you tried creating an 'emtpy' application and start Mongrel/Webrick to see if the problem persists?