mongrel error

Hi,

I have my rails application deployed on a 32-bit machine and I'm trying to move it to a 64-bit machine. Thing is, I have rails and gem installed in my home directory. I re-installed mongrel and mongrel_cluster on the 64-bit machine. But when I issue any mongrel_rails command, it hangs until I interrupt it with a ctrl+c, upon which I get the following dump:

me@64bitmachine$ mongrel_rails - ** Ruby version is not up-to-date; loading cgi_multipart_eof_fix /home/me/mygems/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/gems.rb:8:in `require': Interrupt         from /home/me/mygems/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel.rb: 17         from /home/me/rubygems/lib/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `gem_original_require'         from /home/me/rubygems/lib/rubygems/custom_require.rb:27:in `require'         from /home/me/mygems/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:11         from /home/me/mygems/bin/mongrel_rails:19:in `load'         from /home/me/mygems/bin/mongrel_rails:19

Does anyone have an idea as to what is going wrong here?

Thanks!

Are you running the latest ruby for you environment? What is you OS?

OS is Debian Linux. Ruby version is 1.8.5 [x86_64-linux]

Thanks!

Hi,

Shift to Ruby 1.8.7 (http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/downloads/) rather than the inbuilt 1.8.5 this should solve your problem

NAYAK