Mongrel cluster ? what about it>

Im taking a class 'Structure of Data' but the teacher is teaching ruby.. yes, we're using ROR too. in the lab there are 50 computers for the students and the teachers computer which is the server and he's the root.. well he wants to be able to see our projects from his computer when we're working on them via the browser.

now, he said we should find out about mongrel_cluster. can it make the work done? how does it do it?

i cant find many info on the matter. plz help me.

Manuel Cerda wrote:

Im taking a class 'Structure of Data' but the teacher is teaching ruby.. yes, we're using ROR too. in the lab there are 50 computers for the students and the teachers computer which is the server and he's the root.. well he wants to be able to see our projects from his computer when we're working on them via the browser.

now, he said we should find out about mongrel_cluster. can it make the work done? how does it do it?

i cant find many info on the matter. plz help me.

I think he might mean 'mongrel server' which is just a replacement for the default rails server (webrick).

So I'd say just fire up webrick (run script/server) and then have him point his browser to your computer (http://yourcomputername:3000) or what not. Do some rails tutorials you'll get it. Thanks.