Mongrel and thin Server only in Development envirement

Hi

what could be the reasen, that I only can start the mongrel or the thin server if i set the envirement on development?

On development -> everything works fine.

On production:

andreasP:/var/www/web1/aekschen# mongrel_rails cluster::start starting port 82 andreasP:/var/www/web1/aekschen# mongrel_rails cluster::start starting port 82 andreasP:/var/www/web1/aekschen# mongrel_rails cluster::stop already stopped port 82

This is the Mongrel LOG:

** Daemonized, any open files are closed. Look at tmp/pids/mongrel.82.pid and log/mongrel.82.log for info. ** Starting Mongrel listening at 78.47.xx.xx:82 ** Starting Rails with production environment... /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require': /var/www/web1/aekschen/app/controllers/tourscheduler_users_controller.rb:95: syntax error, unexpected kEND, expecting $end (SyntaxError)   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:155:in `require'   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:262:in `require_or_load'   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:221:in `depend_on'   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/activesupport-2.2.2/lib/active_support/dependencies.rb:133:in `require_dependency'   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.2.2/lib/initializer.rb:368:in `load_application_classes'   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.2.2/lib/initializer.rb:367:in `each'   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.2.2/lib/initializer.rb:367:in `load_application_classes'   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.2.2/lib/initializer.rb:365:in `each'   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.2.2/lib/initializer.rb:365:in `load_application_classes'   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.2.2/lib/initializer.rb:185:in `process'   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.2.2/lib/initializer.rb:112:in `send'   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rails-2.2.2/lib/initializer.rb:112:in `run'   from /var/www/web1/aekschen/config/environment.rb:13   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require'   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `require'   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/rails.rb:147:in `rails'   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:113:in `cloaker_'   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/configurator.rb:149:in `call'   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/configurator.rb:149:in `listener'   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:99:in `cloaker_'   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/configurator.rb:50:in `call'   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/configurator.rb:50:in `initialize'   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:84:in `new'   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:84:in `run'   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/../lib/mongrel/command.rb:212:in `run'   from /usr/local/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/mongrel-1.1.5/bin/mongrel_rails:281   from /usr/local/bin/mongrel_rails:19:in `load'   from /usr/local/bin/mongrel_rails:19

I dont know what the syntax error means. There is no "end" to much. And i only changed the server, it works on the other one. The only thing is that i have a new version of rails now. I have already replaced the old config files with those from a new rails project.

any ideas?

greetings Andi

Hi

what could be the reasen, that I only can start the mongrel or the
thin server if i set the envirement on development?

On development -> everything works fine.

On production:

andreasP:/var/www/web1/aekschen# mongrel_rails cluster::start starting port 82 andreasP:/var/www/web1/aekschen# mongrel_rails cluster::start starting port 82 andreasP:/var/www/web1/aekschen# mongrel_rails cluster::stop already stopped port 82

This is the Mongrel LOG:

** Daemonized, any open files are closed. Look at tmp/pids/mongrel.82.pid and log/mongrel.82.log for info. ** Starting Mongrel listening at 78.47.xx.xx:82 ** Starting Rails with production environment... /usr/local/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/custom_require.rb:31:in `gem_original_require': /var/www/web1/aekschen/app/controllers/ tourscheduler_users_controller.rb:95: syntax error, unexpected kEND, expecting $end (SyntaxError)

Sounds like you have a syntax error in that file. In production mode
in rails 2.2 all application classes are loaded up front (and so a
syntax error in any of them will stop the server starting, whereas in
previous versions you would only hit that error when you caused that
file to be loaded.

Fred